Creating a copper wall in your home is easier than you might think and despite this being very different to a flat matt surface, copper also provides warmth and texture and the chance to create real impact. This look is perfect for indoor or outdoor feature walls to make a statement but it can also be used on other surfaces such as garden ornaments and home accessories. You can create this effect by using Copper Effect alone, or alternatively you can apply the Copper Patina in a two-step process to achieve a weathered and aged copper look as shown in the image below. Our Artisan Copper Effect is now conveniently available in a 2.5L tin as well as 125ml, 250ml, and 750ml.
Artisan Copper Effect and Copper Patina
HOW TO: COPPER EFFECT
- Apply to any suitably prepared paintable surface. The Surface must be clean, dry and free from dust, oils, and grease.
- Apply Copper Effect with a roller, using light, even pressure and working in small sections. Recoat: 12 hours, depending on conditions.
- While the paint is still wet, drag a brush in a random pattern.
- Make sure to overlap brushed areas to achieve an even effect. Avoid touching up. Rolling alone is not recommended to achieve the desired effect.
- Clean brushes and equipment with warm soapy water.
- If you want to create the Copper Patina look, continue the process by overcoating Copper Effect with Copper Patina solution using the information below.
If you want to achieve a weathered, aged copper effect, you will need to apply the Craig and Rose Copper Patina Solution over the top of Craig & Rose Artisan Copper Effect. This effect is suitable for interior and exterior use.
WATCH THE 'HOW TO' VIDEO HERE: How to create a DIY copper patina effect wall | Craig & Rose Paint | Homebase
- The best results are achieved if treatment begins as soon as the final coat of Craig & Rose Artisan Copper Effect is touch dry (approx. 2-4 hours) and within 12 hours of application.
- APPLICATION TOOLS
- A high-quality synthetic brush.
- Muslin cloth.
- Apply 2 coats of Craig & Rose Artisan Copper Patina Solution by using either a brush or muslin cloth in a random pattern. Allow a minimum of 4 hours of dry time between coats.
- To increase the intensity of the green patination effect, up to 3 coats may be applied.
- Green patination will begin to develop within hours and will continue to increase over the following 12 hours.
- Do not apply a clear sealer as this can remove or damage the effect, especially when new.
- On exterior surfaces, it is possible for the patination run-off to stain adjacent surfaces.
- Allow a minimum of 4 hours of dry time between coats.
- The surface will be touch dry after 4 hours.
- Temperature must be above 5°C during application and drying. Under more humid conditions allow longer time for drying. Avoid exposure to steam and condensation for 48 hours.
- Clean brushes and equipment with warm, soapy water.
- Do not pour waste Copper Patina solution down the drain.
- The patina effect can be rubbed off when touched.
Artisan Copper Effect
Artisan Copper Effect with Copper Patina
Similar stories to explore
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVERS £50
HUGE RANGE OF BOLD & EXCITING COLOURS
OUR PREMIUM PAINTS ARE MADE TO LAST
ESTABLISHED & TRUSTED SINCE 1829
Your shopping cart
Your cart is empty
You may need
Please enter your age to prove you are over the age of 16.